Sunday, July 21, 2013

A New Year Begins!

As of June, our agency's year-round offering came to its conclusion.  In my two classes, we celebrated progress and most learners said goodbye.  We also concluded the pilot portion of our vocabulary project and have been busy reviewing and tweaking.  We'll begin the next round in August.


After a week of vacation, a week of planning, and a week of registration and orientation, it's time to get down to brass tacks with new learners. It looks as if my pre-advanced/ advanced group will number 10, though I'm hoping to add as many as five more.  The pre-intermediate/ intermediate group is only three so far.  I'll be working on boosting that number as well in the next few weeks. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the opportunity to get to know everyone on a more personal level than I expected, especially in the smaller group.  It will be easier to learn names quickly and to informally assess language skills.  I'm excited, as always, and brimming with too many new ideas to implement at once!





No comments:

Post a Comment