Saturday, November 10, 2012

Let the Rule-Breaking Begin

Just had the first session of Breaking Rules this morning. What a revelation-packed hour! I took away ideas that are immediately usable the next time I enter a classroom.

The presentation was not what I expected ... and that was exactly one of the points that Mr. Fanselow made. We were advised that learners will be more engaged and will retain more when they encounter something that's not done in the usual way. We got a concrete example of this as we experienced it today.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few."
-- Shunryu Suzuki 

swallows in flight*

I relish the opportunity over the next few weeks to clear my mind and see what possibilities appear ...

* image courtesy of VintageFeedsacks

No comments:

Post a Comment